|Birth Name||मदन कृष्ण श्रेष्ठ|
|Birth Place||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Father||Ram Krishna Lal Shrestha|
|Mother||Laxmi Devi Shrestha|
|Spouse||Yasodha Subedi shrestha (d:2018)|
|Height||centimeters- 165 cm
meters- 1.65 m
Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Date of Birth||April 19, 1950|
|Net Worth||$2Million (Approx. in 2019)
$100K – $1M (Approx. in 2017-2018)
|College||Mahendra Ratna Public College|
|Children||Sarana Shrestha, Yaman Shrestha|
Personal life and Family
Born on April 19, 1950 in Kathmandu,Nepal,Madan Krishna Shrestha also known as “Madan Bahadur” is one of the most popular celebrities of Nepal. He is best known for his comedy with his partner Hari Bansha Acharya in comedy duo,MaHa. This Duo are considered as one of the most popular comic duos in all of Nepal.He is also well known for his Versatile acting. He has not only earned fame as actor and comedian but also as Singer and writer too.His book called “Maha Ko Ma” was great hit in Nepal.
His mother, Mrs. Laxmi Devi Shrestha, died during his childhood and that became the reason for his seriousness. He got married to Yasodha Subedi at the of 23. They used to work at the same organization and fell in love with each other. He and his wife lived in Dhobidhara, Kathmandu, Nepal, and he has a son and a daughter Yaman Shrestha and Sarana Shrestha respectively, both of whom reside in the United States. Legendary comedian/actor Madan Krishna Shrestha‘s wife Yasodha Subedi Shrestha passed away at around 11 pm on April 2nd during treatment at Harisiddhi cancer hospital. She had been battling cancer for last 8 years.They were married for 44 years.
Born on April 19, 1950, he completed his primary education from Montessori school, JP school and Padmadev School. He holds a SLC degree from Shanti Nikunja School whereas I.Com from Mahendra Ratna Public College. He also attempted a B.A. at a private institute. Since he was very much interested and involved in the field of art, he could not make it through his graduation.
He did not complete his graduation in BA because he was totally immersed in the field of art. He had contributed his 10 years in art before meeting his partner Hari Bansa Acharya. Madan Krishna Shrestha became recognized by Nepalese viewers and critics only after his performance in Rashtriya Gaijatra Mahotsav in 2032 BS.
Ma of Madan Krishna Shrestha and Ha of Hari Bansha Acharya combinedly called MaHa jodi have gifted us award winning performances, dramas and socio political alarms.Before meeting Hari Bansha Acharya, he had contributions in the art for 10 years. The duo has become a hit and has done many comedic dramas and events in all parts of the world. The MaHa Jodi has produced a lot of Drama & Telefilms based on sociopolitical sector of Nepal.
He is known for notable characters in theatrical dramas like Yamalok,Paralysis, Cockfight, Woda no 34, Sangeet, Remote Control, Wrong Number,Dohori Geet, Geetai Geet,Hoste Hainse,Nepal banha, Maha Dohari-2 and many more. His new movie “Shatru gate” with his duo partner is big hit in Nepal.
Net worth and earnings
In Forbes latest report which is published in March 2019 & in accordance with Wikipedia, Madan Krishna Shrestha net worth updated below table. Check previous net worth, salary & income reports from below.
|Net Worth (2019)||$2 Million (Approx.)|
|Net Worth (2017-2018)||$100K – $1M (Approx.)|
|Source||Primary Net Worth & Income comes from being Comedian.|
Awards and nominations
Madan Krishna Shrestha has earned many awards or his prominent roles namely- Gorkha Dakshin Bahu by His Majesty, Jagadamba Shree Award, Jaycees Youth Award, Best Comedian, Best Actor, Best Director,Best Singer, Appreciation Award, Rastriya Yuva Gaurav Samman and so on as shown below:
1. Gorkha Dakshin Bahu – His Majesty of Government
2. Jagadamba Shree Award 2047 (1991) – By Madan Puraskar Guthi
3. Jaycess Youth Award 1988 – By Nepal Jaycess
4. Rastriya Yuba Gaurav Samman 2054 – By Antarrastriya Manch Nepal
5. Best Comedian 2043 (1986) – By Lions Club Bishal Bazar
6. Best Actor 2054 (1992) – By Abhiyan
7. Best Director 2048 (1992) – By Tele Film Award
8. Best Script Writer
9. Best Dialogue 2047 (1991) – By Nepal Video Film Organization
10. Best Singer 2026 (1969) – By Prakash Pustakalaya, Jochhen, Kathmandu
11. Abhiyan Shree Award 2057 (2000)
12. Nepal Samman 2057 Nepal Felicitation 2000 – By Everest Foundation Nepal
13. Best Character Artist Award 2056 (2056) – By Nepal Motion Picture Association
14. Outstanding Contribution Award 2058 (1001) – By Nepal Motion Picture Award
15. Millennium Khyali Juju Award 2057 (2000)
16. Hari Tara Award 2052 (1996) -By Nepal Film Artist Association
17. Best Dialogue -By Nepal Film Artist Association
18. Best Story Writer – Abhiyan
19. Appreciation Award 1999 – By The Everest Magazine, Toronto, Canada
20. Lux Movie Award 2003 – By The Best Character Artist
Madan Krishna Shrestha got married to Yasodha shrestha at the of 23.His wife Yasodha Subedi Shrestha passed away at around 11 pm on April 2nd during treatment at Harisiddhi cancer hospital. She had been battling cancer for last 8 years.They were married for 44 years.
9 Facts about Madan Krishna shrestha
- Birthday April 19 and Born on 1950.
- He was born in Kathmandu, but lost his mother at a very young age.
- Madan Krishna Shrestha’s age 69years.
- He has two children with his wife one son and one daughter.
- He has amassed multiple awards for his variety of creative work, including the Hari Tara Award in 1996 from the Nepal Film Artist Association.
- Birth Sign Aries.
- He did not complete his graduation in BA as he was totally immersed in the field of art.
- He tied knot to Yashoda Shrestha in 1974 at Suryabinayak temple during Indra Jatra and borrowed shirt, tie from his friends for his marriage.
- During his early age,he also stayed in the room of New Road at a rent of RS 60 per month.
Follow him on FACEBOOK
follow him on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Some Old Photos of Madan Krishna Shrestha